Review of BiGS Taco Supreme Sunflower Seeds

 Flavor: 1/5

    The flavor of this seed is one of the worst added flavors I have ever tasted, period. The flavor added to the outside of the seed is so overpowering, it is hard to even comment on any flavor notes, however I will try. One of the notes that I can grasp at is that of chemicals, I am not sure what chemical, but it tastes as like I am eating a petroleum product. The only other flavor note that I can distinguish is artificial smoke favoring. If I had to describe the flavor in one word it would be "disgusting."

Salt: 1/5

    The salt of this seed gets the lowest possible score for two reasons. First reason, I cannot taste the salt whatsoever due to the muddling from the disgusting "taco" flavor. Second, the sodium levels in this bag are off of the charts. 33mg of sodium per 1 gram of seeds, not the highest that I have ever seen, but I can clearly see in the bag that no salt or flavoring has fallen off of the seeds to the bottom of the bag. For me not being able to taste the salt is startling to me, considering that there is so much of it going into your body when you eat these seeds.

Seed Quality: 5/5

    The quality of this seed is impressive. With an average seed length of .77 inches (19.5mm), a small amount of broken seeds in the bag, and a single solitary stem in the bag. The shells break easily in when you bite them, and they do not splinter. Its truly unfortunate that BiGS put such a disgusting flavoring on what could be the best quality seed I have seen so far.

Price: 2/5

    The price of this bag was $1.00 for 3.63oz (103g). That price comes out to $0.27 per ounce, and $0.97 per 100g! I cannot imagine why this bag is so expensive considering that these seeds are supposedly grown in the USA, are not organic, have 29 ingredients, and are just plain disgusting.

Nutrition: Per 103g unshelled seeds.

    Calories: 280g

    Fat: 22g

    Cholesterol: 0mg

    Sodium: 3400mg

    Carbohydrates: 9g

    Protein: 11g

Overall: 9/20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of ChaCha Natural Roasted Sunflower Seeds, Salted (Семечки натуральной обжарки подсолнуха соленые)

Review of Spitz Cracked Pepper Flavored Sunflower Seeds